Sports Center, Tagaytay Highlands
November 20, 2011 (Sunday)
First Gunstart: 5:30AM
1. Is it road or trail?
It is a ROAD course with numerous uphills and downhills. Scenic views include Mt. Makiling and Taal Lake.
2. Will shuttles be provided?
There will be NO FREE shuttle from Manila, but DIRECT BUSES will be available for booking on a first-come-first-serve basis. Organizers hired these vehicles for the convenience of participants and are selling tickets at cost.
- Bus fare: P350 per pax (fixed whether participants wish to ride one way only)
- 2-Way: R.O.X. BHS to Tagaytay Highlands to R.O.X. BHS
- ETD (R.O.X.) – 2:45AM, ETA (Tagaytay Highlands) – 4:30AM
- Runners are advised to be at R.O.X. at 2:00AM
- Buses will start to load at 2:30AM
- Departure is at EXACTLY 2:45AM whether passengers are complete or not
- ETD (Tagaytay Highlands) – 10:45AM, ETA (R.O.X.) – 12:30PM
- Reservations are done together with registrations
3. Can we bring guests?
YES, non-participants are allowed within the venue provided they are WITH A PARTICIPANT. Family/friends are allowed to get bus seats provided that booking is done by the participant DURING registration.
4. Can non-participant guests also avail food?
YES, they can purchase script money (like cash vouchers) in the venue and use it to buy food.
5. Are there accommodation options within the venue?
YES, Tagaytay Highlands accommodations are available for participants at 20% off published rate. Booking must be done by PARTICIPANT ONLY. Reservations should be made AFTER REGISTRATION.
6. Can the highlands amenities be used?
YES, selected amenities will be available at a discount.
7. Will there be parking?
YES, and there will be no parking fees. Availability is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Distances, Fees, and Inclusions:
5K – P850 (timing chip, singlet, Nathan Sprint, post-race meal)
10K – P1,050 (timing chip, singlet, Nathan Quickdraw Plus, post-race meal)
21K – P1,050 (timing chip, singlet, Nathan Quickdraw Plus, post-race meal)
8. Can I get a map of the route?
We will only release the route map one week prior to the event. It will be posted online and made available on race day.
9. Is there a cut-off time?
YES, cut-off are as follows:
5K – 1hr
10K – 2hrs
21K – 4hrs
Runners who are still running beyond cut-off time may be allowed to finish the course at the discretion of the organizers.
10. What are the prizes?
There will be cash and product prizes from Nathan and partners sponsors. Specific details regarding amount/items will not be disclosed until awarding ceremony.
11. Will there be finisher’s shirt and medals?
There will be finisher’s medals for all 21K finishers and top 100 10K finishers who crossed the finish line within cut-off time.
R.O.X. (Bonifacio High Street Taguig, Marquee Mall Pampanga)
Runnr (Trinoma Quezon City)
Secondwind (Malingap St. Quezon City, Ortigas Home Depot)
A Runner’s Circle (Roxas Blvd. Manila)
The Starting Line (Westgate Alabang)
Res|Toe|Run (Nuvali Sta. Rosa, Festival Mall)
12. Is it true that slots are limited?
YES, the event is limited to about 1,000 runners.
13. When can we claim race kits?
Kits will be available for claiming from NOVEMBER 1-15. Please note at least one week lead time for kits upon registration of participants.
14. Can we claim race kits in a store different from where we registered?
NO, participants can only claim their kits from where they registered.
Hydration & Nutrition:
Ditch Disposables. There will be no plastic/paper cups in any portion of the route. Participants must use the Nathan handheld freebie or bring any other hydration gear. Belts and packs are also allowed. This is in line with Nathan’s efforts in promoting a more environment-friendly lifestyle in running.
15. How many hydration stations will be there?
There will be SIX (6) aid stations within the route with water and/or sports drink and one at the Start/Finish line.
16. Will sports drink be provided?
YES, GATORADE sports drink and PREMIER water are Nathan Ridge Run’s official hydration partners.
For any inquiry, you may email email@example.com.
For transportation and accommodation-specific inquiries, you may also call 303-1234 loc.428 and look for Chito Tayag.
from Nathan Sports facebook page. 😀