2012 Run United 2 and Race Expo Slated in June
In Unilab ActiveHealth’s continuing efforts to promote an active and healthy lifestyle among families, 2012 Run United will have its second leg on June 17, 2012 at SM Mall of Asia.
Kids from age 5 to 12 years old can join the Ceelin 500-meter dash to jumpstart their journey to fitness. Moms, dads and older siblings can choose from the different race categories like 3km, 5km, 10km, and 21km.
Registered participants of 500-meter dash, 3km, 5km, and 10km will receive their singlet upon registration. The ActiveHealth race belt bag, bib with timing chip, and Riovana 10% discount stub can be claimedduring the 1st ever Run United race expo scheduled on June 13-16, 2012 at BGC Grounds Riovanafrom 2pm to 8pm on June 13 and 10am to 8pm on June 14-16.
The participants of the 21k category will have a different singlet color design which makes the runners extra special, aside from the freebies that they will get during the race expo in BGC and the 2nd piece of the collectible medal and finisher shirt. A personalized RunRio Timing Card will be exclusively given to them they just need to present their old IPICO timing chip during the registration to get the replacement.
21km runners will also get to enjoy running the Bonifacio Global City to Mall of Asia race route, giving them a chance to improve their PR for Run United 1. Shuttle service will be provided from MOA as pick-up point for 21km runners.
“ActiveHealth delivers Unilab’s vision of providing active health solutions for Filipino families,” UnilabActiveHealth Head Alex Panlilio said. “We encourage families to start or continue leading active lives through our events like Run United.
ActiveHealth Sport Events Executive Lester Castillo said, “As we have always done in the past, we continuously improve Run United series to give runners a better experience and encourage them to keep running. Through our partnership with Coach Rio dela Cruz, Run United has become one, if not the best, running event in the country.”
As a testament to the level of commitment that ActiveHealth brings to the runners, it has brought in the Team Bike Boutique, the official merchandise partner of Ironman races worldwide, to organize the Run United Race Expo happening on June 13-16, 2012 at the BGC Grounds near Mercato.
The race expo completes the active health experience by gathering runners, sports enthusiasts and their families in this four-day event. Runners can hang out with their friends while checking out the coolest and latest sports apparel. Fitness and athletic brands also present their latest products and services, including gadgets, running gear, among others.
Coach Rio dela Cruz said the race expo brings Run United to a whole new level. “Major international marathons like the ING New York Marathon and Chicago Marathon hold their own expos days before the event. Together with UNILAB Active Health, we look at some of the best practices from international races, and apply them to the Run United Series to further enhance the race experience of the Filipino running community.”
Registration for 2012 Run United 2is ongoing at the following stores
- Riovana at Bonifacio Global City and Katipunan, Quezon City
- Toby’s at SM Mall of Asia, Pasay City and SM North The Block, Quezon City
RUN UNITED 2 RACE DETAILS:
Date: June 17, 2012
Venue: BGC – MOA
Events: 500m, 3k, 5k, 10k, 21k
RUN UNITED 2 REGISTRATION DETAILS:
ONLINE Registration: April 16 to May 27, 2012
Online registrants will receive their complete race kit including the singlet during the Race Expo.
- Exclusive Early Registration for RU1 21k Registrants – April 16 to April 29, 2012
- Regular Registration – April 30, June 3, 2012
• Sm North The Block – Mon to Sun, 12PM to 8PM
- 500M dash – Php 350
- 3k – Php 600
- 5k – Php 700
- 10k – Php 800
- 21k – Php 900
Run United 2 Finisher’s Kit:
Run United 2 Race Maps:
June 13, 2012, Day 1 for the Race Expo is EXCLUSIVE RACE KIT CLAIMING DAY for 21km Registrants ONLY.
- RACE EXPO OBJECTIVES:
- Venue for runners to check out the latest and coolest sports apparel
- Fitness and athletic brands can present their latest products and services
- Hang out with fellow runners/sports enthusiasts, friends and family
- Race kit claiming made more interesting & interactive
- Major marathons around the world host race expos days before their event
RACE EXPO PARTNER: TEAM BIKE BOUTIQUE or TBB
WHO IS TEAM BIKE BOUTIQUE (TBB):
- The only and best event merchandise company in Asia Pacific
- Same company that also does all Ironman Stores across Asia & Australia
- Sponsors the Alaska Aces, IM 70.3 Philippines and 5i50.
- Registration may end earlier than announced deadline because race kits may run out before June 3, 2012.
- A Valid ID must be presented upon registration. For group registration, a photocopy of any valid ID & picture must be presented by the representative.
- Singlet size availability will be on a first come first serve basis.
- A timing device will be used by all participants during the race.
- For in-store registrants, keep your registration receipts for automated registration and claim stubs for manual registration. You need to present both to claim your Race Kits at the Expo. For online registrants, kindly print and present your confirmation e-mail to claim your Race Kits at the Expo.
- Race results will be available within three (3) days after the race at the following websites:www.runrio.com and www.unilabactivehealth.com
For In-Store Registration Inquiries:
Globe – 0916 5709220
Smart – 0929 7178164
Landline – (632) 703-1736
Timing and Race Results: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other concerns and Feedback: email@example.com