Last January 13, I was invited to take part in Run for 10, a fun run organized by The Entire Nation (TEN) Moves, a social mobilization campaign of Bayanihang Pampaaralan which aims to raise enough resources to help build 10,000 classrooms in public schools all over the Philippines. The event was held at Ayala Triangle, Makati City.
I made a top ten list, which may not be not necessarily significant but i found great about the race: 🙂
- After almost 3 years of running, this is my first time to run along Ayala Avenue during a race. I’ve been working at Makati for the last 6 years, and it was nice to run along a very familiar route. 🙂
- Telecommunication giants and rivals Globe and Smart are both sponsors of the race. Their logos on the same event poster is rare di ba? Nice! 🙂
- Platoons of Philippine Navy joined the 10K runners. They were chanting (shouting!) while they ran in group and it I felt like being chased by zombies. Lol
- The race shared Buendia Ave. with PSE Bull Runners, good thing they announced it before the start. Hence, Run for 10 runners, were prepared for the mixed up while most of the PSE Bull runners got confused at the 10K U turn.
- Dingdong Dantes, Derek Ramsey & Apl de Ap joined the 5K Category. They announced it the day before, I don’t know why. The three celebrities could’ve drawn more participants. 🙂
- Most of the 5K runners were students from different universities and colleges. I was surprised and happy to see a lot of them and hear them cheered when the host called their schools for roll call! Yey for School Spirit!
- I used my Saucony Kinvara 3 and it forced me to go midfoot all the way. Felt a little pain after the run, but I know its for the better. Goodbye heel strike! 🙂
- I finished my 10K with a time of 1:08. No PR again but happy with my performance. 🙂
- Ayala Triangle is a great event venue for a race. I hope we can experience more of it this year. Maybe the trees made the difference. BGC & MOA don’t have trees in their vicinities.
- The proceeds of the fun run will be used for building classrooms in typhoon Pablo affected areas, such as Compostela Valley and Davao Oriental.
Nice move Ten Moves! Till the next race! 🙂