RULE THE ROAD: TAME THE TRAIL
Salomon Philippines holds X-Trail Run 2013 at Hamilo Coast, Nasugbu, Batangas City.
It is once again time to push the boundaries as the world’s number one trail running brand, Salomon, holds this year’s X-Trail Run. Held annually since 2008, the gut-wrenching event has been held in different countries around the globe including Southeast-Asian countries such as Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
On March 23, 2013, the Salomon X-Trail Run is slated to present its annual event in a yet another premiere location. Participants can expect the trail to have a combination of different terrain surfaces including dirt, rocks, sands, and concrete paths. The 2013 race aims to set a new record as one of the most-attended trail run races in the country.
This year’s race will be held in the beautiful Hamilo Coast in Nasugbu, Batangas City. New trail routes will be created exclusively for the event, with the Salomon team projecting to attract more trail running enthusiasts and trail runners hailing from different levels.
Moreover, runners will surely enjoy the breath-taking view around Hamilo Coast. The trail sections overlooking the cove are steep and technical, with sharp and loose rocks, as well as roots and thick foliage. The view also boasts of hills, mountains, valleys, and lush greeneries – an overall perfect setting for a one-of-a-kind adventure.
The Salomon Xtrail Event has 3 categories: 6km, 12km, and 24km—all with a “Road-to-Trail” nature. The 6km category welcomes beginners to explore the world of trail running. The 12km category invites runners with basic trail running experience to level-up their game with the inclusion of technical terrain. Finishers of these 2 categories will receive a finisher’s bag with freebies. For experienced runners who are bent on exceeding their boundaries, the 24km Mountain Run will present technical ascents and varying terrains. The category will simulate ascents of Skyrunning races – an arena wherein Salomon dominates. Finishers will receive a medal, a Salomon Finishers’ bag with freebies.
The registration fee for 6km is P850, 12km for P1, 100, and 24km at P1, 300. All the runners will be given an event jersey, race bib, timing chip, and post-race meal. 12km and 24km participants get a limited Salomon Arm Band. For an additional P450, first 300 registrants get a bus slot from R.O.X. to Hamilo Coast and back. For another P500, registrants will receive a Nathan handheld bottle until supplies last. Accommodations with special rates are also available for participants in Pico Sands Hotel at Hamilo Coast exclusive for X-Trail participants.
The Salomon Xtrail Pilipinas 2013 Race is a GREEN RUN. No disposables will be provided at the hydration stations. All participants MUST bring their own provisions.
The Salomon Xtrail Pilipinas 2013 is in cooperation with AXN & R.O.X., with official venue partners: Hamilo Coast, Pico Sands Hotel, and Pico Beach & Country Club. This event is sponsored by TIMEX, Gold’s Gym, Nathan, ZEM Gear, Trellis Restaurant, Coca-Cola, High 5, and Res|Toe|Run. – PRESS RELEASE
Registration is ongoing until March 20, 2013. Interested parties may register through the following:
Online registration via credit card or bank deposit via Runner’s Runner – go to http://www.salomonxtrailpilipinas.com
Registration centers located at 3/f Runner’s Runner Booth, R.O.X. Bonifacio High Street and Salomon, Glorietta 3.
Salomon Philippines X-Trail Race Details:
A tour of the roads, hills, mountains and valleys around Hamilo Coast. The trail sections overlooking the cove are steep and technical, with sharp and loose rocks, roots and thick foilage, but the view if you need to stop and rest is worthwhile.
Salomon Philippines X-Trail Race Categories:
24km mountain run
– Targeted to trail runners who want to take their race to the next level, with technical ascents and varying terrain. This category simulates ascents of Skyrunning races – the arena wherein Salomon dominates.
– Registration Fee: P1,300 (with race bib, timing chip, Salomon Xtrail technical jersey. All finishers of this distance receive finisher’s medal & a Salomon Finishers’ bag which includes a Salomon arm pouch, and other freebies). Post race meal will also be served.
12km road to trail
– The 12 km “Road-to-trail” nature targets runners with basic trail running experience who wants to level up and experience technical terrain.
– Registration Fee: P1,100 (with race bib, timing chip, Salomon Xtrail technical jersey. All finishers of this distance receive a Salomon Finishers’ bag which includes a Salomon arm pouch, and other freebies). Post race meal will also be served.
6km road to trail
– The 6km “Road-to-trail” category targets beginners who want to explore the world of trail running. Road runners are very welcome, to experience a different adrenaline rush.
– Registration Fee: P850 (with race bib, timing chip, Salomon Xtrail technical jersey. All finishers of this distance receive a Salomon Finishers’ bag which includes freebies). Post race meal will also be served.
- Add Php 500 – get a Nathan handheld bottle (worth P990), till supplies last.
- Add Php 450 – get a Bus slot from R.O.X. to Hamilo Coast & back, for the first 300 registrants.
Salomon Philippines X-Trail Race Day Schedule
5:00am – 24 km
6:00am – 12 km
7:00am – 6km
*Schedules for race start can change due to weather conditions.
24km (5 hours)
12km (2.5 hours)
6km (1.5 hours)
**10:00am – ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL BE SWEPT BY THE MARSHALL’s VAN.
10:30 AM – Awarding begins
Salomon Philippines X-Trail Race Bus Provisions
– Buses will be available to the first 300 participants, for an additional Php450. To avail, please click on the tickbox in the registration form & include payment with the race registration fee. Each registrant may avail of ONLY 1 additional seat in the bus (maximum of 2 seats per race participant). Please save the Bus Stub in your registration form/waiver. This will be surrendered upon boarding the bus on race day.
Special Rates at Pico Sands Hotel at Hamilo Coast, exclusively for Xtrail Participants range from P6,500 to P7,000.
For accommodations inquiries & reservations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave your contact number & We will call you the soonest.
For inquiries, you may go to: www.salomonxtrailpilipinas.com for details.
Salomon is available in the Philippines at the following branches:
Salomon Glorietta 3 Store, R.O.X. Branches – Bonifacio High Street, Marquee Mall, Ayala Cebu, Camp John Hay Baguio, Ayala Centrio, Cagayan de Oro. Toby’s Branches – Mall of Asia, SM The Block. Res-Toe-Run Branches- Abreeza Davao, Festival Mall Alabang, Harbor Point Subic. Olympic Village- North Edsa, Alabang Town Center. Travel Club Branches- Rockwell, Trinoma. Bratpack Branches- CDO, SM Davao, Embarcadero Legazpi. Duty Free Philippines. NAIA Terminal 3.