World Milk Day is celebrated annually in many countries worldwide, providing an opportunity to focus attention on milk as a global food central to health and well-being across cultures and nations, and to highlight the contributions connected with milk and the overall dairy industry. To celebrate this, Alaska will have a running event with four (4) categories: 3KM, 3KM Family, 5KM and 10KM.
Alaska World Milk Day Race Details:
Date: June 9, 2013
Events: 3k, 3K Family Run, 5k, 10k
Alaska World Milk Day Assembly Time & Gun Starts:
3k & 3k Family Run – AT: 530am GS: 6:30am
5k: AT: 5:00am GS: 6:00am
10k: AT: 4:00am GS: 5:00am
Alaska World Milk Day Registration Details:
Onsite is from May 11 to June 7, 2013
Online is from May 8 to June 2, 2013
3k – 500p
3k family – 1,200p (4 members)
5k – 600p
10k – 700p
• Register at the following from May 11 June 7, 2013 (11AM to 8PM, Daily)
G/F Glorietta 3 (infront of Zara Store beside Mercury Drug)
Online : http://www.alaskaworldmikday.com
Who Can join?
• 3KM- Child and Adult (Age on December 31, 2013)
• 3KM Family- 4 members (2 Adult and 2 Child)
•5KM- 8 years old and above
• 10KM- 15 years old and above
• Registration is non-refundable, non-transferable, and non – downgrade/upgrade.
• Registrants will be receiving a race packet with a SINGLET and BIB NUMBER upon registration.
Alaska World Milk Day General Rules:
• All participants must wear their assigned Bib/Race number. Participants not wearing their race number will be taken off the course and is not allowed to win.
• Participants who commence before his/her actual start/gun time will be disqualified.
• On the cue of a start shot, the starting line rope shall be released to indicate the start of the fun run. Cyclist Marshals and a pace car shall guide the participants along the route of the fun run.
• For 3KM Family category—family members should cross the finish line at the same time.
• Water stations will be available on the indicated portions of the route.
• Paramedics will be on stand-by at designated portions of the route.
• A sweeper (car or van or truck) shall pick-up the runners who cannot run anymore for health reasons. Marshals patrolling the route are in charge to assess the participants’ conditions.
Alaska World Milk Day Race Maps:
For inquiries, email secretariat at email@example.com. Happy Running! 🙂