Hi runner friends! Are you ready for an indoor duathlon challenge? Check this out! 🙂
Last Thursday, I learned about “The Fitness & Athletics Indoor Duathlon Challenge”. A 3k run, 20k bike, 2k run event wherein participants will get the chance to use world class fitness equipment such as the Intensa Treadmill for the run, and the Proform Le Tour de France for the bike.
Elite triathletes and celebrities Isabelle Daza, Sandra Gonzales & Niko Huelgas took “The Fitness & Athletics Indoor Duathlon Challenge” that night at Fitness and Athletics Store, Bonifacio Global City. I was so amazed and impressed by their performance. Ang huhusay! 🙂
I asked myself if i can also do that, given that i have not tried a duathlon before. I am confident on the run part but the 20k bike, hmmm, that will be the challenge. We love challenges right? Haha. Also, this is a chance for runners who want to try duathlon but do not have their own bike yet, just like me. Another good thing about this race is you will set your own race schedule, upon your online registration, you will be asked for your preferred race day and time. The event already started last June 6 and on going up to August 31, 2013. 🙂
Here are the full details:
Fitness & Athletic Indoor Duathlon 2013 Race Details:
Date: June 6 to August 31, 2013
Venue: 28th Cor 9th St. (Inside Fitness and Athletics)
Events: Duathlon (3K Run / 20K Bike / 2K Run)
Organizer: Bike King
Fitness & Athletic Indoor Duathlon 2013 Registration Details:
Php 600 : First Sign Up
Php 450 : Succeeding race schedules (if you want to outpace your last record)
Race kit inclusions: Bib, Finisher’s Shirt, Gatorade, Loot bag from sponsors.
Fitness & Athletic Indoor Duathlon 2013 Race Mechanics:
- Show up 15 to 30 minutes before your booked schedule.
- Submit your waiver and your valid ID to your Race Marshal inside Fitness and Athletics, 28th cor 9th Sts. BGC
- Get your Race Bib, and attach to your shirt.
- Do your stretching and warm -up before gun start.
- Get to know your race equipment. It is the Intensa Treadmill Entertainment Series for the RUN, and the Proform Le Tour de France for the BIKE.
- Race! Run 3K in the treadmill, transition to the bike and ride 20K, and head back to the treadmill for the final 2K run, and on to the finishline!
- Top 3 Finishers with the best time in every category will bring home medals , prizes and own bragging rights!
- There will be Awarding Ceremonies to recognize the top finishers.
I decided to take the challenge and signed up for my first indoor duathlon on July 26, Friday, together with fellow blogger friend Teacher Cheryl Golangco. Both of us are first timers, so no pressure. Haha. I’m sure its going to be fun and exciting! So what are you waiting for? Register now and take the The Fitness & Athletics Indoor Duathlon Challenge! See you there! 🙂