Unilab Active Health will be holding the Run United HP Recovery Run, in partnership with Enervon HP recovery drink, a unique, non-competitive running event exclusive to 2014 Run United finishers that aim to consistently exceed themselves. Only 2014 Run United finishers will be allowed to participate in the event. All activities from gun start to finish aims to educate the running community on how proper recovery practices during and after an intense workout plays a vital role in enhancing race performances.
The participants of the 5km and 10km recovery run categories will be led by guest pacers such as top coach, Coach Ani De Leon Brown, and National Team Athletes like Claire Adorna and John Chicano in guiding them on the best recovery pace for a run. The 5km recovery run category will have 8, 9, and 10 minute per kilometer recovery paces while the 10km recovery run category will have 8, 9, 10 and 11 minute per kilometer recovery run paces. The 21km category is intended for participants who wish to do an easy, long distance run to cap off a full season of long distance running for the year but still want to learn more from expert guests about proper recovery after the race.
Run United HP Recovery Run Race Details:
Date: December 14, 2014
Venue: Bonifacio Global City
Run United HP Recovery Registration Schedule:
|Registration Type||Start & End Date||Venue||Kit Distribution||Additional Fees|
|Online Registration||Nov 10 – 30 (12nn)||http://www.runrio.com||Race bib with D-tag will be delivered||Plus P150 delivery & processing & P50 web admin fees|
|In-Store Registration||Nov 17 – 30||Selected stores||Runners will receive their race bib with D-tag at the store||None for runner participants|
Run United HP Recovery Prepaid Card Selling Venues:
In-store purchase of the prepaid cards will be available at the following stores, from 12:00NN to 8:00PM Monday to Sunday starting November 17, 2014.
*RUNNR Store BGC – B1 Bonifacio High St. The Fort, Taguig City
*Toby’s Galleria – 3F Robinson’s Galleria, EDSA cor. Ortigas Ave., Ortigas Center, Pasig City
*Toby’s SM North – The Block G/F, North Ave. cor. EDSA Quezon City
*Toby’s MOA – SM Mall of Asia, G/F Entertainment Hall, Roxas Blvd, Manila
Run United HP Recovery Registration Fee:
5K Recovery Run – P750
10K Recovery Run – P850
21K Easy Long Run – P950
Inclusions: Race Bib & Tag (Pre race) HP Tech Shirt, Recovery Drink, Recovery Village Pass (Post Race)
10K Recovery Run – 5:30am
21K Easy Long Run – 4:30am
Run United HP Recovery Reminders
- Exclusive to 2014 Run United finishers.
- Limited slots only. Registration is on a first-come, first served basis, and may end earlier than the announced deadline. Race slots may run out before November 30, 2014.
- Participants are encouraged to wear any of their 2014 RU singlet/finisher shirt, no singlet will be provided.
- Runner participants who register at the stores will receive their race bib with D-tag upon purchase. A Valid ID must be presented upon registration.
- Those who will be registering for their friends must buy a prepaid card. The race bib with d-tag will be delivered on or before December 7, 2014.
- Finishers’ shirt sample sizes will be available for fitting at the registration centers.
- All finishers will receive a limited edition HP Recovery Tech Shirt.
- D-Tag will be provided to every participant to get the runner’s accurate time result and must be surrendered to claim the finisher’s item after the race.
- No BIB, No D-TAG, NO RACE.
After crossing the finish line, all participants gain access to the 1st Enervon HP Recovery Village where all activities have been developed with Sports Science experts from the University of Santo Tomas, College of Rehabilitation Sciences, Sports Science and Physical Therapy Departments. The village will be divided into key zones: physical recovery, sports nutrition recovery, and mental recovery. Some of the activities will feature hot and cold treatment, flexibility exercises, self myofascial release, and periodization counseling.
Participants will also get a chance to enjoy a cold glass of Enervon HP Recovery drink. Enervon HP Recovery is formulated with the ideal 3:1 carbohydrate to protein ratio that can help repair worn-out muscles and restore lost energy with carbohydrates, B-complex vitamins, and essential minerals. Enervon HP Recovery is best taken within 45 minutes after a workout for best nutrient absorption.