Last year, PDIC launched their first fun run for a cause as part of their Corporate Social Responsibility program. It was called “Takbo para sa Pagbangon ng Leyte” where they partnered with Gawad Kalinga to help the victims of Typhoon Yolanda. I joined the 10k event last year and it was one of my most meaningful races of 2014. The charity run was able to raise 2 Million Pesos and was used for the construction of the PDIC-GK Village in Sitio Malmangan, Lawaan, Eastern Samar. The Village will provide disaster-resilient shelters for families battered by Typhoons Yolanda in 2013 and Ruby in 2014.
This year, PDIC decided to continue their partnership with Gawad Kalinga and now with Miss Earth, to continue helping the Yolanda victims by organizing another fun run for a cause, here are the details:
PDIC Takbo2: Tungo sa Kalusugan Para sa Kalikasan Race Details:
Date: May 10, 2015
Venue: CCP, Manila
Events: 1k, 3k,5k, 10k
Beneficiary: Gawad Kalinga
PDIC Takbo2: Tungo sa Kalusugan Para sa Kalikasan Registration Details:
1K – Php 200 (Children) / Php 400 (Adult)
3K – Php 400
5K – Php 500
10K – Php 600
PDIC’s Takbo2 Reminders:
- Bulk registration is allowed. Interested participants below 18 years old must submit their waivers, signed by their parents/guardians. However, adults are not allowed to run with children on strollers.
- Registration forms may also be submitted by a representative to the registration centers listed above, provided that the forms are completely executed by the participants themselves.
- Registration fee is NON-REFUNDABLE. Please make sure you are good to go before signing up.
- Change of category after registration is NOT ALLOWED.
PDIC’s Takbo2 FAQs:
- Why join Takbo 2?
You get to do some much-needed exercise, appreciate wellness, have fun with your family and friends, lead and live a healthy lifestyle, and help rebuild a community in Lawaan, Eastern Samar which was hit by typhoon Yolanda in Leyte (2013) and typhoon Ruby (2014).
- How much is the registration fee?
1K-Children (P200) | 1K-Adult (P400) |3K (P400) | 5K (P500) | 10K (P600). Your registration fee will include entry to Takbo 2 and participation in other activities (zumba class, exhibit, raffle, etc.) during the event.
- Can I register my friends and family members?
Yes. However, for interested participants below 18 years old, their waivers must be signed by their parents/guardians. Registration forms may also be submitted by a representative to the registration centers in PDIC and selected Chris Sports outlets, provided that the forms are completely executed by the participants themselves, and the waivers are signed by the concerned registrants or by parents/guardians for participants below 18 years.
- Can children run for this cause?
Yes. For the safety of everyone, only children 6 years old and older are allowed to join. Children below 6 years old, and accompanied by a responsible adult, may enjoy the programs and exhibit at the Activity Area. Children aged 6-12 can register for the 1K category. Twelve year old children have the option to register for the 3K category and should be accompanied by an adult. Those who are 13–17 years of age may join in any of the three categories provided that their parents sign the waiver.
- Can I run with a stroller and with my toddler?
Sorry, adults are not allowed to run with children on strollers. No wheels are allowed in the course.
- Can I run with my pets?
Sorry, no runners are allowed to run with pets.
- What is included with my Takbo 2 registration?
Participants will receive a Race Kit containing the singlet, race bib with a barcode, and safety pins.
- Do I need to be a professional runner to register?
No. Takbo 2 is all about having fun, being fit, and helping rebuild a community in Lawaan, Eastern Samar. You can run, jog or brisk walk with your family and friends. Who knows? You may even bring home a prize or special award.
- Does individual race time get recorded?
Yes. The barcode in your Race Bib measures the time you will cross the start and the finish line. The official race results will also be uploaded in the PDIC website.
- Will there be parking area available?
Yes, there is ample parking in the CCP Complex with paid parking spaces available in adjacent lots.
- Will there be water available on the race route?
Yes. Drinking water will be provided at select points along the route but runners are also encouraged to bring their own water bottles and undertake proper hydration and nutrition for the run.
- Will there be toilets/portalets available?
Portalets will be available at the Activity Area.
- Will medical help be available on the race route?
First aid stations and medics will also be available.
- Will there be a baggage tent?
Yes. Baggage deposit service is available at the activity area. Please do not leave any valuables inside your vehicle and bags. Organizers will not be liable for any loss of valuables.
- Where do we go after the Race Proper?
All race participants may claim free drinks at the Activity Area after the race and their checked baggage, if any. Participants and guests will converge at the Activity Area for a short Zumba exercises, and meaningful program highlighting our shared advocacy, and the much-awaited awarding of prizes.
- Are cameras and phones allowed during the race?
We discourage bringing these items and other valuables. Race photographers will be available to shoot from a medium distance.
- Are there refunds?
Registration fee is NON-REFUNDABLE. Just make sure you are good to go before signing up.
- Is change of category allowed?
Change of category after registration is NOT ALLOWED.
- What happens if there is bad weather?
A little rain won’t stop Takbo 2. Event will take place rain or shine. For weather updates and advisories from the Organizer days before the event.
For more information, you may visit: http://www.pdic.gov.ph/